10 reasons to visit Casares
- Casares is located in extraordinarily stunning nature and enjoys splendid views al the way to the Atlas mountains in Africa.
- Casares is the most charming and genuin of the white villages. On top of that Casares enjoys an excellent location with proximity to everything the busy coast has to offer.
- Casares has many historical and archaeological remainings such as the roman village Lecipo, as well as the remaining of a castle, a mosque, Julius Caesars villa and a monastery on top of the village.
- The sulfur bath Baños de la Hedionda dated back to when Julius Ceasar stayed in Casares and cured his psoriasis in the sulfhatic water.
- A very large underground cave system was recently found in Casares. With the impressive cave Cueva del Gran Duque, situated in the Utrera mountain.
- The unique and very rich birdlife with falcons, eagles and even a large setting of vultures. Best seen around Sierra Crestellina.
- Over 20 hiking trails in very varied and beautiful nature.
- Local cheese factory where you can buy local produced goat cheese from own bread goats. If you want you can make your own cheese!
- The great “ventas” on the road to Casares; Venta Garcia, Venta Victoria and Arroyo Hondo. All well worth a visit!
- One of the coasts best golf courses Finca Cortesin where the Volvo World Match Play Championship was played 2009, 2011 & 2012. Located together with its own very exclusive hotel and Spa.
The list could actually be much longer. Don’t miss out on visiting Casares a truly unique pearl on Costa del sol!